Monday, April 5, 2010

ManasquanThailand Blog 1

When we ambled outside the airport, one word made its way into my mind: beautiful. If the humidity didn't steal my breath, the scenery did. The scent of summer rain hung calmly in the air. Wildflowers embellished the sides of the road and accompanied the ivy as it climbed up the fatigued brick walls. A sapphire winged butterfly waltzed past us and through the bustling contenders of the market as we loaded into the bus and drove off.

Even though it is only day three of our trip, it has been so far enlightening, inspiring, and overall amazing. I am already half way through my journal and will probably run out of pages. Eagerly, I write or sketch every event in which we have engaged including kayaking, rock climbing, swimming, cooking, kick boxing, and home stays are all of the activities cherished. When I think back I can still taste the curry spices rushing through my mouth, smell the sweat of the boxing gloves, or feel the warm caress of the brilliant sea glass green water against my exhausted body.

And everyone is so amiable and patient. As we try to communicate and learn about their culture. Now I love smiling and saying"sawadee ka" to everyone we meet. This experience surpassed perfection.

Savannah Kuper
Manasquan High School
Thailand 2010

No comments: